Community Day at EclipseCon has always been a great event for Eclipse working groups and project teams, and this year’s virtual day is no exception! Community Day is on Monday, October 19 (the day before the start of the main conference).
Community Day is focused on and around working groups and Eclipse projects. The content is organized by the community groups themselves, with logistical support provided by the conference team.
Anyone who is registered for EclipseCon 2020 may participate in Community Day as an organizer or as an attendee. Attendee registration may be necessary for some Community Day sessions. Information on session registration will be provided later.
Space for sessions is limited, so we recommend that you request a spot early, and plan the details later if you need more time. See "Important Dates" below for the timeline.
Community Day Overview
Community Day is scheduled for 14:00 to 18:00 CET on Monday, October 19. Currently, we are planning to offer two types of gatherings: sessions and round tables.
Sessions are 90 minutes long and work well for presentations, workshops, and large meetings. Round tables are 45 minutes long, and allow up to 50 people to join a video chat.
|Time||Room 1||Room 2||Room 3||Room 4|
|14:30 - 16:00||Session||Session||Session||Session|
|16:00 - 16:30||Break|
|16:30 - 18:00||Session||Session||Session||Session|
Round Table Schedule
|Time||Table 1||Table 2|
|14:30 - 15:15||Meeting||Meeting|
|15:15 - 16:00||Meeting||Meeting|
|16:00 - 16:30||Break|
|16:30 - 17:15||Meeting||Meeting|
|17:15 - 18:00||Meeting||Meeting|
Why Participate as an Organizer?
Here are just some of the reasons for joining Community Day:
- Gather your group for a meeting, project update, workshop, presentation, or panel discussion
- Grow your community by inviting others to learn about and join your group
- Highlight your technology and Eclipse projects to gain visibility in the broader Eclipse community
- Benefit from the promotion that the Foundation marketing team will be doing for Community Day
How to Sign Up as an Organizer
Get together with others in your group to make some key decisions, and then email us at email@example.com to request your spot. (We are using the term “session” below to refer to any type of gathering.) We need some of the information listed below to reserve your spot, but other items can be sent later.
When emailing to reserve your spot, please send
- Name of your session
- Name of your working group or project
- General type of session (large workshop, small group meeting, etc.)
- Estimated attendance
Later, we will ask you for these additional items:
- Content of your session (Presentations? Discussions? Demos? etc.)
- Link to a Google doc or Wiki page that you are using to plan the session with your group
- Anything else that will help us assist you in organizing a great session!
Space is limited, so sign up as soon as you can!
- July 31: Deadline to request a session
- August 17: Confirmation sent to organizers requesting a session
- September 14: All session information due from organizers
You Can Also Sponsor!
This year, we have special Community Day sponsorship packages for working groups. This is a unique opportunity to participate in targeted marketing before the event, and get your message out to the right community members. To find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at email@example.com.