The Tangle EE Workgroup was founded quite recently (February 2020) in order to promote (important) and govern (even more important) the further evolution of IOTA in a vendor-neutral and transparent way. IOTA is a (feeless!) distributed ledger technology optimized for the Internet of Things (IoT) – including the Industrial IoT – featuring not a linked list of “blocks” like your average typical blockchain but a linked list of transactions, called the «Tangle».
Tangle EE currently coordinates two separate Eclipse projects which are implemented on top of IOTA technologies, namely
- Tangle Identity —how we can use the Tangle to implement self-sovereign identifiers (SSI), distributed identifiers (DIDs) and verifiable credentials. Oh, and we are talking about identities for things, people, and organizations here.
- Tangle Marketplaces — how to leverage the Tangle to build data and other exchange-based ecosystems (aka “market places”).
This session will be interesting for
- supporterss and users of IOTA who want to get to know the latest developments (well, an overview - we only have 45 minutes)
- critiques of IOTA and other DLTs who want to challenge (in a civilized way) the assumptions of the working group
- people interested in blockchains and other distributed ledger technologies (DLT) who want to peek into our best practices (and also discuss this with us)
- developers who want to contribute to one of the projects (or even suggest another one)
- parties interested in self-sovereign identities, DIDs and VC who want to peek
- people looking for ways how to implement an ecosystem (very en vogue today) by using a DLT
- anyone who simply wants to get into touch with us (perfect opportunity to connect after the session!)
- Walk thru of our (brand new!) Working Group Program Plan for 2020/21
- Current status of our two projects
- Tangle Identity
- Tangle Marketplaces
- Next steps and challenges
- open (research and other) questions
- resources & contributors
- Christoph F. Strnadl (Software AG & Tangle EE Steering Committee)
- Alex Westerhof (IOTA Foundation)
- Jelle Millenaar (IOTA Foundation – Project Lead Tangle Identity)
- Jan Pauseback (IOTA Foundation – Project Lead Tangle Marketplaces )