2023 Proposal Topics
Here is what the program committee is looking for at this year's EclipseCon. If you aren't sure what topic is the best fit for your submission, just take a best guess and the program committee may change it later.
To submit a proposal, visit the Call for Proposals page.
Innovations, updates, or exciting applications of frameworks for building IDEs, tools, and modeling environments.
- Eclipse Theia and its ecosystem
- Eclipse Platform, JDT, CDT, LSP4E, etc.
- Cloud tools and containerized IDEs
- Exciting applications, custom tools, and domain-specific IDEs
- Eclipse Modeling Framework and related modeling technologies
- Language engineering: LSP, Eclipse Xtext, Langium, and more
- Graphical modeling tools and frameworks, such as Sprotty, GLSP, Sirius, EMF.cloud, Papyrus, Capella, and more
Taking data from the real world up until the cloud and back, with open source software.
- Embedded/microcontroller firmware
- Edge computing
- Device management
- Digital twins
- Processing & storage
Platforms and technologies on which we build our applications – in the cloud or elsewhere.
- Java language evolution
- Adoptium, OpenJ9, OSGi, etc.
- Jakarta EE, MicroProfile, Vert.x, etc.
- Go, Rust and other modern languages
- Containers, microservices, and orchestration
- JVM, Wasm, and other virtual machines
Innovation, OSS and collaboration are essential to face the challenges in the rapidly changing automotive world.
- Software Defined Vehicle programming models, middleware
- In-Vehicle software orchestration & resource scheduling, control plane
- Cloud platforms, vehicle digital twins and mobility services
- Testing & validation
- Simulation and data management
- Open data ecosystems, secure data infrastructure
- Supply chain management (Catena-X)
Best practices in all aspects of open source projects, from security and quality to governance and leadership.
- Security in general, and in specific projects
- DevOps and DevSecOps
- Quality and testing
- Code reviews, code coverage and static code analysis
- Project organization
- Open Source Program Office (OSPO)
- Community building