API tools is important in Eclipse for API related management. However many times, the API Tools errors and warnings are not understood properly. The aim of this session will be to promote usage and understanding of API Tools.
In this session, I will cover the most commonly used API Tools related errors and warnings and the reasons behind it. I will go through
- How to set up API Tools in your project
- How to set up baselines
2) Understanding and rectification of API Tools errors
- Usage errors
- Since tag related errors
- Compatibility related errors.
- Version related errors
In my session I will go through sample errors of each kind above and work my way to the root cause understanding of that particular error. While discussing the error, I will also give a sample fix. I will demonstrate these errors and their rectifications live during the session.
I will also cover some of the new features in API Tools in the last 1 year. They include
- Information about “why a major or minor change is required” easily available
- Multi-selection in API Tool quickfixes
- Report unnecessary change in minor and micro version