ESP-IDF Plugin for Eclipse is based on Eclipse CDT for developing applications on ESP32. ESP32 is a popular low-power system on chip microcontrollers with integrated Wi-Fi and dual-mode Bluetooth, making it suitable for designing and prototyping IoT solutions. ESP-IDF Plugin provides better tooling capabilities, which simplifies and enhances standard Eclipse CDT. It offers advanced editing, compiling, flashing, and debugging features.
Other notable features this plugin offers.
- Creating CMake based projects with ESP-IDF 4.0 and higher
- Get started ESP-IDF templates
- Installing Tools directly from Eclipse
- SDK Configuration editor for configuring the project
- Integrated CMake editor to support IDF built-in functions
- Application size analysis editor to give an insight into the memory footprint of an application
- ESP-IDF terminal pre-configured with IDF environment variables
- GDB Hardware and OpenOCD debugging
This is an open-source project you check the project source here https://github.com/espressif/idf-eclipse-plugin
To know more about ESP-IDF https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf