In this session we will compare some of the most popular Microservice frameworks in the Java ecosystem like SpringBoot, Quarkus, Eclipse MicroProfile, and more. We will give an overview and jumpstart for each framework. Next to this we will answer questions like:
- Which features do provide all of them, what are their unique selling points?
- How do I start writing microservices with the different frameworks?
- Which technology stack do the different frameworks use?
- How do they perform in regards to startup time, and responding with different response sizes?
- How large are the resulting application containers in Docker?