The Tycho Maven Plugin is probably the most common choice to build Eclipse plug-ins with Maven and its corresponding PDE artifacts like Features, p2 sites and RCP products including Eclipse IDE itself. Tycho 4 brings a lot of improvements and new features!
While in the past Tycho was tightly coupled to this use-case, starting with Tycho 3 this was already lifted up to support more general purpose mixed-style builds, now Tycho 4 brings a lot of new features that allow even more flexible builds with less configuration, we will specifically look into:
- a high level overview how Tycho targets and dependency resolving works
- configuration less build feature (previously know as pomless builds)
- the BND build support and other forms of mixed builds
- different ways of testing
- how to ensure API compatibility / semantic versioning
- new mojos and features introduced with some tips for migrating existing builds
If you have ever wondered how you can simplify your build or wanted to know how Tycho works under the hood, this is the right talk for you!
For further details and discussions we also offer a BoF 20:30 (Seminarräume 1 - 3).