Adoptium offers free Java Development Kit (JDK) distributions based on OpenJDK. Its focus is on providing high-quality, production-ready builds with multi-platform support.
At Adoptium, we deliver the OpenJDK distribution Eclipse Temurin six times a year with infrastructure spanning 70+ hosts, 6+ architectures, and 10+ providers. In this talk, learn how we use Ansible and Nagios to tackle the critical challenge of monitoring and maintaining our diverse infrastructure effectively by enabling automation and real-time monitoring to improve productivity, reduce workload and enhance reliability.
The talk will follow this format :
Key Talk Areas :
- Overview of the challenges faced in managing complex IT systems and the need for automation.
- Introduction to Nagios as a comprehensive monitoring solution.
- Overview of Ansible and its capabilities as an automation tool.
Adoptium Approach To Implementing Ansible
- Overview of Ansible Inventory
- Overview of Infrastructure Playbooks
- Maintaining Infrastructure By Utilising Playbooks & Testing Changes via Github Actions / Jenkins
- Using Playbooks to Install Nagios Infra Pre-Reqs
Adoptium Approach To Implementing Nagios
- Overview of Nagios features
- Deploying Nagios Server using Ansible
- Automating the configuration of Nagios using Ansible