Project Eclipse Xpanse aims to implement configurable and portable managed services based on principles and ideas of "Eclipse Open Services Cloud initiative". This project allows service providers to offer their managed services across multiple clouds easily by abstracting all critical aspects of a cloud service such as catalog, life-cycle management, deployment, monitoring and metering.
Eclipse Xpanse is not only for providing managed services on big hyperscalers but is also a perfect add-on layer for any small and medium sized cloud providers offering infrastructure services. It will provide an open ecosystem to allow service providers to offer native managed services easily on such cloud providers too. One such good example is Openstack which is used by many public and private cloud providers. Eclipse Xpanse can be used to provide managed services on top of any Openstack based cloud.
In this talk, we will see:
- How Xpanse approaches the problems of current cloud market and implements the OSC ideas.
- Xpanse architecture - Runtime, API and UI.
- Define managed services using the Xpanse Service Descriptor.
- Make services available in the service catalog.
- Deploy services using the current reference implementation clouds - Any vanilla Openstack based clouds, SCS based clouds, Huaweicloud and Flexible engine.
We would also like to use this opportunity to invite more people to join hands and contribute to Eclipse Xpanse project.