Attend this talk to discover what are the industrial solutions available today to create a web-ready modeling tool.
The tooling trends are to go to the web. The Eclipse community members are making lots of efforts to transition the existing modeling frameworks (EMF, Sirius, GLSP…) to be cloud ready. But this is still the beginning of the story preparing the foundation for the future of web-based tooling.
If you need an industrial solution today, we will demonstrate what are the possibilities based on our experience on how we built SmartEA, an hybrid Eclipse RCP/Web industrial modeling workbench which provides edition capability through a rich client and consultation thanks to a referential browser access.
We will explain how to develop a data federation repository based on a PostgreSQL database by integrating CDO, a Jetty web server for the backend, an Eclipse Sirius modeler and an Angular application for the frontend. The talk will provide plenty of tips & tricks about:
- Collaborative session management in RCP while unique sessions should exist for the web page,
- Features supply only in the Web front-end or in RCP or in both, but with different taste,
- Updates for rich client and deployment of new modules on the server, for the RCP application or for the web application,
- Database optimization, CDO persistency, how do we manage data in the CDO repository or with JPA,
- Web services contribution,
- Query capabilities to offer the end user a simple request model system,
- On-demand web publication system,
- Server administration with user privileges based on Active Directory and HTTPS support.