We live in an era of building enterprise software with build pipelines, containerization and clouds in order to provide business value. In order to maintain the quality of your software and fast delivery, you must optimize the development process and release strategy with tools and concepts that complement each other.
I will provide insights on how to achieve this by using the Jakarta EE platform with the addition of Eclipse MicroProfile. The audience should have a basic understanding of the concept of enterprise development with Java EE / Jakarta EE and/or Spring Framework. They will learn how to develop Jakarta EE and MicroProfile applications that are a fit for scalable environments like clouds.
I will explain:
- how Java EE / Jakarta EE applications fit in our current software market and how it is perceived
- the two additional deployment types you nowadays can choose from, next to a classic application server
- how application servers can make your development and operational jobs easy by leveraging their benefits
- how to build microservices with Jakarta EE and MicroProfile that perfectly fit into a scalable environment
- how to operate your applications in scalable environments, regardless of the chosen deployment type
- which version of Java to choose and for what reasons
- how some concepts compare to Spring Framework wherever possible, since that is a questions asked many times