Eclipse Zenoh is a communication middleware designed to work across communication technologies, such as Ethernet, TSN, WiFi, Serial, OpenThreadX and BLE. It can operate at different geographical scales such as LAN, MAN and WAN, and in various topology configurations such as peer-to-peer, mesh, brokered and routed. Zenoh also provides a plugin mechanism to integrate with other middlewares like MQTT, DDS and HTTP, as well as to integrate with many storage technologies like InfluxDB, RocksDB, and MariaDB.
After a lightning overview of Zenoh, we’ll introduce Zenoh’s MQTT plugin, which enables transparent bridging of MQTT over Zenoh. We will then “live-demonstrate" how to leverage Zenoh to enable MQTT use cases like:
- Routing MQTT from the device to the Edge and to the Cloud
- Bridging 2 distinct MQTT systems across the Internet, with NAT traversal
- Pub/sub to MQTT via the Zenoh REST API
- MQTT-ROS2 (robot) communication
- MQTT record/replay with InfluxDB as a storage