The demand for software development has (finally) resulted in increased investments into developer tools. While more and more startups and enterprises have started building tools, distributing and selling them is still painful and difficult.
We share our story of how we started to serve developers by building a UML tool based on the open-source Eclipse IDE. From the enthusiasm of early product development to facing major legal, licensing, marketing and enterprise sales challenges.
This talk provides insights about…
- All the steps and building blocks you need to market and sell your product to a developer end user
- The pitfalls of integrating third-party solutions and payment
- The challenges of market entry and finding product-market fit
- Optimizing your online sales when marketing to developers
- User acquisition costs and conversion rates for our own developer tools
This talk may be interesting for everyone who wants to…
- Build, market and sell software to developers
- Understand the user journey and sales funnel for developer tools
- Gain insights into B2B2X ecommerce