With close to 20 years of releases, numerous plug-ins & extensions and a huge developer base, Eclipse IDE is one of the most popular IDEs for developers working across multiple domains and languages. It’s particularly popular in the Java ecosystem where it provides a robust environment for developing, running and debugging applications.
The Eclipse IDE provides a lot of powerful features and capabilities that enable it’s users to be more productive in their day to day work. A new version of the IDE releases every quarter with more new features and improvements. A lot of times users are not aware of all the available capabilities and hence are not able to take full advantage of them.
The aim of the session is to highlight the powerful capabilities, share the valuable tips & tricks and enable developers to utilize the IDE to its full potential.
The session will also highlight some of the new and noteworthy features added in the recent releases such as 4.18, 4.19 and the upcoming features in 4.20 and 4.21 releases.
Some of the tips that will be shown in the session are:
1. Quickly find anything using Find Actions
2. Navigate to previous edit locations
3. New cleanup options to optimise code
4. New debugging improvements such as toggle tracepoint in editor
5. Timesaving shortcuts and preferences
6. Effectively use breakpoints
7. Smart coding and debugging tips
8. Effective debugging of lambda expressions
9. Useful Plug-in development tips
10. Troubleshooting with Spies