Welcome to EclipseCon registration!
Things to Know
- EclipseCon 2021 is an online event.
- There is no registration fee for EclipseCon 2021, although registration is required to attend.
- Registration includes an option to make a donation to the Eclipse Foundation to help pay for the event. Please note that this is strictly voluntary. The only reward is our thanks for helping to support the community.
- The conference language is English.
- The time zone is Central European Time. The main content is scheduled for 13:00 - 18:00 CET, making it accessible for most of our global community.
- Registration includes Community Day on October 25, 2021, as well as access to the main conference on October 26 - 28.
- All attendees are required to agree to the Code of Conduct as part of the registration process.
- Space is limited! Be sure to register early to reserve your spot.
EclipseCon is using Swapcard as the event platform. This is the same platform we used for EclipseCon 2020, and the feedback was very positive.
One week before the event, registrants will receive an email from "email@example.com" welcoming them to the event, and providing access to the Swapcard platform. At that point, attendees can log in to Swapcard, update their profile, learn how to navigate the platform, set up a personal schedule of talks they want to attend, and start connecting with the community.
Simply click on the "Register Now" button below to get started. The registration form requires a minimum of information, with only a few mandatory fields and questions. For more about how your data is used, please read the "Registration and Your Personal Data" section below.
- If you have attended an event in Swapcard before, including EclipseCon 2020, we suggest that you register using the email address that is already in Swapcard to save time when building your profile, and to prevent having multiple accounts in Swapcard.
- If you are a speaker, please be sure to register using the same email address you used to submit your talk. This will prevent you from having multiple Swapcard accounts in the same event.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration shortly after completing the form.
- If you need to make changes to your registration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration and Your Personal Data
The registration system stores a bare minimum of information. Your registration data is used to provide access to the conference platform, and will not be used for any other purpose without your explicit consent via the opt-in questions you answer during registration.
If you agree that we may use your data so that you can receive information on our future events and offerings, please check the appropriate box as part of the registration process. You can withdraw your consent on each communication you receive from us using a dedicated link.
As part of the registration process, we also seek your consent to share your information with our sponsors so they can contact you regarding their respective services and offerings. Our sponsors are a vital part of EclipseCon, and your engagement with them is valuable to them and is appreciated by us. Should you grant this consent, then your personal data will be protected under their privacy policies, and if you wish to withdraw consent, you would have to make your request directly to them.
In the Swapcard platform, you will be visible as an attendee by default. The following information will be displayed in your Swapcard profile: First name, Last name, Job title, Country, and Company. If you complete these optional fields during registration, they will also be included in your Swapcard profile: Twitter account, LinkedIn account, and Website URL. After you log in to Swapcard, you may choose to update your profile. You may also choose to change your Swapcard visibility status.
Note that your email address is not visible in your Swapcard profile. However, if you choose to make a Swapcard connection with another attendee, your Swapcard data, including your email address, will be shared with the other attendee.
If you have questions or need help with registration, please email us.