Setting up an OSGi project and running the application with bnd and Bndtools is quite easy as it provides the basics to get a developer started. Unfortunately, the default templates only get you settled with the basics. Companies have certain requirements on their code and often require builds to match the requirements of their company processes. Thus, something extra is required to help new developers get ready to roll and this tutorial will explain how this can be achieved. Attendees will understand how they can setup new projects and workspaces accordingly.
In this Tutorial you will learn about how to:
- Configure an Eclipse IDE setup using the OOMPH Installer
- Create workspace templates for bnd workspaces
- Create project templates and how to modify them
- Use a Docker build for OSGi Projects
- Define Meta-Annotations for Requirements and Capabilities
- Setup a Project utilizing the latest specs like JaxRS Whiteboard, Configurator, etc.
- Remote-Launch a runbnd file, e.g. on another machine
- Use the CI, build and deployment of Artefacts with a Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus setup
Plus attendees will get an overview of how to customize a bnd export.