EclipseCon Europe is the Eclipse Foundation’s primary European event designed to create opportunities for the European Eclipse community to learn, explore, share and collaborate on the latest ideas and information about Eclipse and its member companies. Each year we survey the attendees after the conference is over. Satisfaction with the conference continues to be very high, and rising every year.
EclipseCon is all about community. Contributors, adopters, extenders, service providers, consumers and business and research organizations gather to share their expertise and learn from each other. EclipseCon delivers networking opportunities that lead to synergies in the community, as well as opportunities to give and receive help on specific technical issues or to generate business opportunities.
Unlike many other conferences, the sessions and keynotes at EclipseCon Europe are chosen by an independent program committee, allowing us to consistently offer a high-quality program. To contact the program committee, send us email.
The categories for talks at EclipseCon Europe change every year to include the most interesting current topics. The categories for 2018 are listed on the CFP page.
On one hand, Eclipse technology is mainstream and has become ubiquitous in the enterprise. On the other hand, Eclipse continues to spur innovation and provides a platform for research and leading-edge technology. The EclipseCon program is designed to cover both areas.
You will hear about successful industry deployments as well as highly innovative solutions in areas where you don’t expect Eclipse to be used. You will meet the experts and talk to them, network with your peers and share your experiences. You will also learn about the latest initiatives and industry working groups within the Eclipse ecosystem. You can talk to the industry experts about the Eclipse long-term support initiative, hear about Eclipse technology in safety-relevant environments (aerospace, automotive, public transport), learn more about the future of Machine-to-Machine technology, or see what we envision as the future build and management infrastructure for Eclipse projects.
If your company is looking to connect with experienced developers and users of Eclipse-based and related technologies, EclipseCon Europe is the place to be. We love helping our sponsors find innovative ways to interact with the community and achieve a great return on their investment in the conference.
Sponsors of EclipseCon Europe have a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the entire event. The conference program will include both hands-on tutorials and technical sessions on current topics pertinent to the Eclipse developer community, such as modeling, application lifecycle management, service-oriented architecture, embedded systems, and more, as well as sessions that demonstrate Eclipse-based solutions for finance, automotive, aerospace, insurance, and other domains.
In today‘s open world, your manager needs you to relay the information about innovation and current solutions back to your organization. And as you do so, you become the innovation agent for your enterprise. EclipseCon Europe is the ideal information and learning event!
At a typical EclipseCon Europe, this is what you will see.
- People from ~30 countries; approximately 90% from Europe, 8% from North America, the rest from Asia
- About 60% of the European attendees will be from Germany
- Other European countries with high attendance include France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Spain, Denmark, Italy, UK, Sweden, Norway
- Most attendees are highly skilled software developers and software architects
- Also well represented are developer, product, and marketing managers; executives; and academic researchers
- Most attendees work for companies and enterprises that build commercial products or internal tools based on Eclipse, or that use Eclipse tools to build solutions
- Other attendees work for organizations that sell education and services for Eclipse and Eclipse-based products, or for research groups or universities that use Eclipse