Wednesday, October 24
The Future of Quality
Join us for the 5th edition of the Project Quality Day at EclipseCon Europe! Our 2018 theme is
"Quality of things, in industry and in digital society."
Our software and processes are becoming smarter and more connected. We are collecting and reviewing enormous amounts of information. The internet is made of "things," and our houses, factories, and cities are sending data to the cloud.
It’s exciting – and challenging, especially when we start to ask: "“How are we going to test this?" or "What does quality mean for industry 4.0 or the internet of things?"
Having interesting technologies and protocols is one side of the story. But how are we ensuring that we’re delivering good quality to our users?
The Project Quality Day 2018 will be focusing on these areas from the perspective of testing and quality. We are addressing developers, testers, project leads – and anyone involved with such projects. We are welcoming speakers, sponsors and participants from the Eclipse Community, the Testing Community and also from industrial and / or academic institutions.
The Project Quality Day schedule is aligned with ECE, so the talks will be at the same times, and the conference keynote, breaks, lunch, and evening activities will also be a part of the day. Sessions start with the keynote at 9:00, and the day ends with a reception and party.
Topics that fall into the Project Quality Day include (but are not limited to)
- Quality attributes for testing the Internet of Things
- Case studies for IoT testing
- Challenges and hurdles, as well as opportunities for quality
- Processes and technologies to support testing in IoT, industry 4.0 and digitalization
- "The human factor" – what do we need to be aware of when testing new technologies?
- Build, release and maintenance of IoT systems
- Testing non-functional attributes The role of testers and developers in IoT projects
- If you are attending ECE / OSGi, you are invited to attend some or all of the Project Quality Day talks on Wednesday, October 24, at no extra charge.
- Alternatively, you may register for the Project Quality Day only, and attend just those talks, plus the conference keynote, lunch, breaks, and evening reception and party; see this section of the Registration page for details.
- Please register by Friday, October 19, 2018 so that we have an accurate count of attendees.
- Space is limited.
- For general registration prices and policies, please see the Registration page.
The talks have been chosen; see them on this page.
Talks are chosen by these members of the community:
- Alexandra Schladebeck, BREDEX GmbH
- Boris Baldassari, Castalia Solutions
- Begoña Laibarra, SQS Spain
To learn more about the committee, see the Program Committee page.