The Eclipse IDE is packed with a lot of features and capabilities that enable the users to be more productive in their day to day work. In addition to the existing ones, many new features are added in every release.
This session will show several cool tips and tricks in action in the IDE that are invaluable to users in different aspects of development such as project configuration, editor management, source code navigation, coding and debugging. It’ll also highlight some of the useful tricks added in the recent Eclipse releases such as 4.9 and Photon.
Some of the tips that’ll be shown in the session are:
1. Quickly find anything in the IDE
2. Quickly switch editors
3. See what has changed as you edit
4. Find as you type in the editor
5. Manage test sources in projects
6. Work effectively with moduar projects
7. Enable browser auto-refresh
8. Launch groups
9. Debug effectively using trigger points, conditional breakpoints and print points
10. Debug Shell & Scrapbook
The talk will cater to both novice and experienced Eclipse users who will have something new to take away from the session.