So, you need to have your Java app deployed and available for your users fast, and you would like to do as little managing, wiring, and infrastructure work as possible. How can you achieve that? Well, you go serverless with your containers using supersonic Java in the Cloud!
Join us exploring the possibilities with MicroProfile and Quarkus on Google Cloud Run. Bleeding edge Java!
Scared of the bleeding edges, or vendor lock-in? Don’t worry, with MicroProfile, you can switch to another app server with no changes to your code.
In this talk we will touch upon:
- Getting to know MicroProfile, Quarkus, and Cloud Run
- Try a couple of MicroProfile features
- Deploy a simple application to your favourite app server
- Switch the app server to Quarkus
- Deploy the app to Google Cloud Run – a fully managed container service
Oh, and as promised, there will be little wiring and infrastructure. So, you don’t have to know things like Kubernetes or Istio to enjoy this presentation. We’ll let the Cloud handle all of that for us.