Eclipse Hawkbit is a popular domain-independent back-end framework for deploying software updates to any kind of IoT device.
The talk gives an overview of the missing dots that Kynetics has developed to integrate the hawkBit project at the heart of its UpdateFactory product. Aspects such as security, scalability, resilience, deployment and management of a hawkBit-based product are addressed.
The talk also explores hawkBit's some interesting internal features that are not openly documented or commonly known, for instance:
- the extension points for expanding the UI
- the usage of the Vaadin event system
- how to manage the Vaadin session
- how to customize the ddi authentication
- how to intercept the API calls for apply constraints
- how to customize the embedded http server
- how works the tenant configuration mechanism