Welcome to the Speaker FAQs.
Thank you for taking the time to consider presenting at EclipseCon 2023. Your submissions make up the heart and soul of our conferences, and we look forward to reading your proposals.
Please be sure to read the Call for Proposals page as well as these FAQs.
- How do I add speakers when creating a submission?
- What are the registration discounts for speakers?
- Does the conference pay travel expenses for speakers?
- How do I register as a speaker?
- How do I get my speaker discount?
- Does everyone listed on a talk need to register for the conference?
- What should I do if I have to cancel my talk?
How do I add speakers when creating a submission?
A user can only be added as a speaker for a talk if they have a valid eclipse.org account and if they have successfully logged in to an EclipseCon website at least once in the past year.
What are the registration discounts for speakers?
- The first speaker listed on an standard talk receives a free conference pass; co-speakers on standard talks do not receive this discount
- The first and second speakers on a tutorial receive a free conference pass
- Speakers on sponsored talks are expected to use a Sponsor Discount to register and therefore do not receive the speaker discount
- Speaker discounts are not transferable; unauthorized use will result in your registration being cancelled and additional registration fees may be incurred
- All speakers must register for the conference in order to attend the session and give the talk
Does the conference pay travel expenses for speakers?
We are not able to cover travel or accommodation expenses for speakers.
How do I register as a speaker?
Accepted speakers will receive instructions on how to register.
How do I get my Coupon Code?
Codes will be emailed to eligible speakers.
Does everyone listed on a talk need to register for the conference?
All speakers listed on a talk need to register.
What should I do if I have to cancel my talk?
First, try to find a colleague who can fill in for you and then email us to let us know. Registrations are transferable if your plans change. If you must cancel, please email us as soon as possible so that we can fill your place in the program with a talk on the waiting list.
Send us an email.