Jakarta REST 3.1 is here since few weeks, and soon there will be 4.0! There had been several highly interesting features been added since the last major release, which makes you more productive and removes vendor lock-in of your projects.
In this talk, presented by a core member of the JAX-RS team, you will...
* ...learn the most notable features of 3.1, you waited so long for:
- Writing JAX-RS microservices without an application server on pure Java SE 11
- Support for Multi-Part Forms out of the box
- JAX-RS Extensions
* ...get a forecast to Jakarta REST 4.0:
- CDI replaces the native JAX-RS context injection framework
- ...and much more
This talk is intended for people interested in writing RESTful microservices in pure Java without the help of additional libraries. As the talk only is just 30 minutes including F&A, basic knowledge of JAX-RS 2.x is needed to understand the actual differences to 3.1 covered in this session.
At the end of the session you will have the chance to ask whatever you always wanted to know about JAX-RS, and you will gain unfiltered answers from a co-author of the spec. This is your chance to quit with some of Jakarta REST's myths and FUD!