Welcome to the Speaker FAQs. If you have a question that isn't answered below, email us. The FAQs will be updated regularly, so please check back occasionally for new information.
How do I add speakers when creating a submission?
A user can only be added as a speaker for a talk if she/he has a valid eclipse.org account and if they have successfully logged in to an EclipseCon website at least once in the past year. For information about creating an account, see this section of the Submissions FAQs.
What are the registration discounts for speakers?
- Standard Talks: Each accepted Standard Talk (35 minutes) earns one 100%-off discount; the discount goes to the first speaker listed on the talk
- Tutorials: Each accepted Tutorial (3 hours) earns two 100%-off speaker discounts; the discount goes to the first and second speakers listed on the talk
- Speaker discounts are not transferable; unauthorized use will result in your registration being cancelled and additional registration fees may be incurred
- All speakers must register for the conference in order to attend the session and give the talk
How do I register with a speaker discount?
Speaker discounts are implemented via discount codes. If you have submitted a talk, please do not register until you know the status of your submissions.Here are the steps in registering as a speaker:
- If you have submitted a talk, please do not register until you know the status of your submissions
- On the registration form, choose All Access Pass
- If you are registering with a speaker discount code:
- Enter the code and proceed with registration
- If you do not see your discount reflected in the amount due, please email us for help
- If you are not registering with a speaker discount code, proceed with registration
- If you are a member, committer, or alumnus, and you are not using a speaker discount, remember to use the appropriate discount code to receive your discounted rate; more information about these discounts can be found on the Registration FAQs page
How do I get my discount code?
Codes will be emailed to presenters after the program is chosen. Please remember that for Standard talks, only the first speaker will receive a code; for Tutorials, only the first and second speakers receive codes.
Does everyone listed on a talk need to register for the conference?
Anyone and everyone who plans to attend the conference in ANY role needs to register!
What should I do if I need to cancel my talk?
First, try to find a colleague who can fill in for you and then email us to let us know. Registrations are transferable if your plans change. If you must cancel, please email us as soon as possible so that we can fill your place in the program with a talk on the waiting list.