Extending Gerrit: A Look at the Gerrit Plugin API
The functionality of the Gerrit Code Review system can be extended by installing plugins. From simple servlets to deep integration between Gerrit and other ALM tools, Gerrit provides a rich API for building custom plugins.
In this talk we will introduce the Gerrit Plugin API and provide a running example of how Gerrit can be integrated with the Eclipse bugzilla instance.
The talk will focus on:
- The difference between a Gerrit Plug-in and Extension
- Tools for building your first Gerrit Plug-in
- Extending gerrit through both SSH and HTTP Modules
- Client side API with JS and GWT
- Server side API and JGit integration
- Dependency Injection
- Listeners and events
- Storing configuration information
The talk is intended to both showcase what can be done with Gerrit Plugins and to give the audience the tools and technologies to make this happen. The audience is expected to have a working understanding of both Git and Gerrit.