Building Maven-based Java EE applications in Eclipse
The m2e-wtp project aims at providing a tight integration between the Eclipse’s Web Tools Platform and m2e, the Maven Integration plugin for Eclipse. After reaching version 1.0 and graduating from the Eclipse incubator, m2e-wtp is now available by default as part of the Java EE Kepler distribution.
In this heavily demo-focused presentation of Maven, Eclipse WTP and a combination of other plugins from the m2e ecosystem, we will show you a few tips and tricks that could improve the development process of your Java EE applications :
- switching between maven profiles to enable/disable development mode (with JBoss Tools Maven Profile Manager )
- tweaking the context root of web applications
- deploying extra web resources
- sharing resources with war overlays
- resource minification and optimization with wro4j (with m2e-wro4j ).