With CDO you can turn any file-based single-user model application into a repository-based multi-user application by changing just a few lines of bootstrap code. In order to get the best performance out of your system and to avoid some common misconceptions that are inherent to multi-user scenarios you should not miss this talk. You'll be guided through the seven most important CDO recipes:
- Choosing the best database mapping strategy.
- Regenerating the models for CDO, or not.
- Lazy loading and different ways of prefetching.
- Querying at the proper level of abstraction.
- Dealing with large collections, or how to avoid them.
- Handling remote change notifications.
- Accessing the model safely and consistently.
You'll leave this session with a good understanding of how CDO achieves scalability and performance and how best to tweak it.