Assuming you are an Eclipse RCP application developer, and you need to quickly create a prototype for your customer, ask yourself:
- Which technology stack would you use to quickly prototype an Eclipse RCP application?
- Is your architecture good enough to be customized and to be used in a real world scenario?
In this showtime demo, I'll present my experience as Eclipse RCP Application developer, explaining how to quickly prototype an RCP application for banking with a simple, effective, and extensible technology stack based on:
- Eclipse E4 as Application Platform
- EclipseLink as data persistence service using JPA (on XML / DB)
- WindowBuilder to graphically design UIs and to manage data-bindings.
If you choose to develop your application with Eclipse E4 RCP, and your need is to quickly create a prototype with complex UI which can persist your data with JPA, you should carefully watch this demo!