Measuring water flow is used in variety of industries. From chemical plants to agriculture flow meters are used to realize water management. Usually such devices have industrial grade connectivity options like HART or Modbus protocols. Recently it is highly desired to integrate process instrumentation equipment with IT systems, usually located in the cloud.
In this talk I will show how to realize end to end monitoring scenario in 35 minutes based on edge gateway running Eclipse Kura and MQTT mosquitto broker. Further integration can be done using widely available MQTT clients or specialized IoT cloud platforms like Eclipse Kapua.
I will use remote access to real system build at our facility for testing and research purposes. Real industrial grade flow meter will be used to realize water management application.
During this talk I will:
- describe testing installation (pipes)
- present flow meter information model
- application architecture in light of Eclipse IoT Architectures
- realization using Eclipse IoT stack with live coding
- demo with real water flowing (remotely)