Best serve the User Experience: a few usability principles and their Eclipse rendering
Based on her experience, a usability specialist (from the cognitive psychology field) locates usability principles within the User eXperience (UX) field and give details about:
- guide the user / structure the information
- create habits and build consistency
- give visibility on the system status (manage waiting time)
- user control and freedom
- avoid errors and help error recovery
- Recognition rather than control
- Flexibility and efficiency of use
... (this list is not the final one)
Every principle is illustrated with examples in an Eclipse RCP application.
That makes "Eclipse at the service of the User Experience".