Contributing to Eclipse ? Yes you can !
With git, github and gerrit, the contribution to Eclipse is accessible to any developer. He just has to know some development rules and the contribution settings.
This presentation explains how to provide your first contributions on an Eclipse project and, who knows, become a committer. If you are waiting for a long time for some bug fixing, you will see that it is not difficult to do it yourself !
From a concrete experience, this presentation will focus on several parts :
- Quick reminder on Git / EGIT and the features often used to contribute (branches, cherry pick, push / fetch gerrit ..).
- Some information about the IP process if you bring external code
- download a project and set the correct parameters for contribution
- fix a bug and push it to gerrit
- review the code and propose patches until acceptation
- publish the code in the repository