Welcome to the second EclipseCon France!
Last year's inaugural conference was a big success, and we are looking forward to another event with even more talks, more workshops, and more social networking. We need you to make this happen!
We encourage you to submit a talk if you have a great story to tell on any of the following topics. The topics are grouped into two general categories.
Systems Engineering and Working Groups
EcilpseCon France has become the best place for Eclipse Working Groups to meet and collaborate, so we are especially interested in proposals in the following areas.
- Eclipse in the Industry. Do you work on automotive, aerospace, communication, chemical, or other industrial domain applications based on Eclipse? Then choose this Track to propose a Case Study or Lessons Learned talk. If your project is part of an Eclipse Working Group such as PolarSys or Automotive, don't hesitate – propose your talk here.
- IoT and Embedded. If you are all about embedded devices, the Internet of Things, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, home automation, quadcopters, or robots, this Track is for you.
The Eclipse Ecosystem
Even though EclipseCon France emphasizes specific technical areas, it is also a place for the entire Eclipse community to meet and discover new technologies. We invite you to submit presentations on these topics.
- Tools in Action. This is your opportunity to demonstrate a tool or an API that you created, love, or promote. For this Track we expect presentations with fewer slides but with a large demo component. This Track is open to any kind of open source or commercial tool that demonstrates using the Eclipse IDE, presenting new JDT/CDT features, live coding with Scala, using ALM tools, using Modeling tools, etc.
- Community. Do you want to talk about the Eclipse ecosystem, or how to contribute, or how to do business with Eclipse? If so, use this Track.
- Other Cool Stuff. If your talk doesn’t seems to fit into another Track, propose it here. We are looking for talks about Big Data, JavaFX, User eXperience, UI usability, Gamification, LocationTech, and so on. Any interesting topic is welcome!
If you aren't sure which Track is the best fit for your submission, just take a best guess and the program committee may change it later. There's no "wrong" type of submission and we want the conference to be appealing to a large audience. If you think your topic is interesting, there's a good chance the program committee will too!
The two Talk Types are
- Standard (35 minutes)
- Workshop (105 minutes)
We have designed EclipseCon France to maximize the opportunity to meet other attendees, visit the sponsors, and get updated on what the community is doing. The program organization is simple. All talks are 35 minutes long, scheduled into a 45-minute time slot. All workshops are 105 minutes long and offered on one morning. Please note that the conference language is English.
When you are ready to submit, click on the button below! (Remember to log in to the website first.)
These members of the Eclipse community comprise the program committee. For more on the individual members, see the Program Committee page.
- Mélanie Bats (chair)
- Benjamin Cabé (chair emeritus)
- Ignacio Garro
- Pierre Gaufillet
- Mickael Istria
- Maximilian Kögel
- February 11, 2014: submissions open
- April 7, 2014: early-bird submission deadline
- April 14, 2014, 23:59 CET: submissions close