“The easiest way to get your own Modelling tool” – claims Sirius.
But does Sirius really have what it takes to build an industrial scale project visualization and cover all the corner use cases. Sirius comes with its own challenges. We at Bosch pushed Sirius to its limits and developed a tool to visualize, optimize and analyse huge automotive models.
In this session, we take the audience through our journey of how our decision to use Sirius increased the value preposition of our product. We know exactly what are the consequences and benefits of choosing Sirius over other frameworks. The attendees will get a live demo of how Sirius upgraded the face of our product with a variety of cool visualizations. We share our real life experiences and difficulties faced during the implementations of our use cases. Our criteria and decision points for selecting Sirius among the vast multitude of other options would serve as a guide for the audience to make important decisions on their products.
We present a case study of problems faced during development and our solutions to the problems so as to not re-invent the wheel:
- We discuss how to programmatically setup Sirius to develop scalable visualization representations.
- Sirius framework by default runs the same code multiple times. We show how we used a different top layer cache architecture to speed up the processes exponentially.
- We reveal our recipe on how we mastered the layouts to suits all kinds of diagrams and flowcharts.
- We show one can resolve layouting issues like invoking custom layout algorithm when ELK is in target.
- Creating diagrams for non-serialized objects.
- We discuss the difficulties faced by developers due to the lack of detailed documentation. The possibility and aspects which should be exposed to help the extensive usage of Sirius framework.