Today's development of embedded systems/IoTs and SOCs (Systems on Chip) faces the problem of a rapidly growing complexity.
Due to the decentralised nature of the development (multiple cores on external boards, specific hardware components, external communication interfaces, simulated components,...) it is difficult to visualize, debug and understand the behavior.
The information to be processed differs in nature:
- Aplication Logs
- Event traces and state changes
- Analoge and digital simulation output
- Physical data
- Realtime OS output
- Communication traces
they have different formats and use different domains (multiple time related domains, frequency or indexed),
and have different sources:
- Files, Workspace Resources, Pipes
- Serial Interfaces, TCP, CAN-BUs, ...
- Debug Adapters
- Log Analyzers and Scopes , OPC/UA
Due to its rich eco-system and existing tools (e.g. YAKINDU state charts, BIRT charts, tracing) , the eclipse IDE offers an excellent solution approach.
- Learn how to attach and combine and synchronize multiple sources with impulse
- Find out how to visualize on and off-line information
- Discover how to interactively extract, combine and anlayze information
- See how to extend with own formats and sources.