In this talk we explore how programming languages such as Java and C interact with each other via the Java Native Interface.
- JNI overview
- Cross-language debugging in with GDB and JDB
- Memory management across languages
- Memory leaks in Java and how to plug them
- Java to C and C to Java
- Class and Struct mirroring
- Pointers vs References
- JNI: Batteries not included
- Example: SWT project. Java GUI (SWT) built on top of C GUI (GTK)
- Setting up Eclipse for cross-language development
This talk is for developers who are curious as to how programming languages interact with each other.