In this tutorial we'll use components provided by e(fx)clipse to develop an e4 application on top of JavaFX.
Things you'll learn in the tutorial:
- Get started with with Eclipse 4 on JavaFX
- What's the difference between Eclipse 4 on SWT and Eclipse 4 on JavaFX
- Use advanced features like Animation, Real and Fullblown Theming support and much more
But this tutorial is not just for those who want to learn about Eclipse 4 on JavaFX because we'll tackle things generally import to develop professional e4 applications:
- We'll learn about MVVM
- We'll show you how to structure your application code so that your business code is free of Eclipse Framework dependencies (I'm look at you IEclipseContext!)
- Make you Event-System a bit more typesafe and much more!
This tutorial assumes that you have a basic understanding of Eclipse 4.