SWT is a cross platform UI toolkit written in Java and is the backbone of the Eclipse platform. This tutorial will offer beginners to SWT a chance to use their Java skills in order to build a meaningful SWT application.
The tutorial will be run by two full-time SWT contributors and will offer:
- An introduction to the philosophical grounding and principles of SWT
- A comprehensive lesson on SWT widgets, and layouts
- More advanced UI concepts such as drag n drop, custom drawing, and event handling
- Emphasis on SWT’s cross-platform capabilities (OS X, Windows, Linux)
- Multiple hands-on opportunities ranging from simple snippets to writing your own text editor, game, or todo app. Bring your Mac/Windows/Linux laptop!
- Q&A session
This tutorial will provide training for those who are interested in cross-platform application/UI development in Java.