Wednesday, October 25
Since 2009, there has been a yearly Eclipse Testing Day. Beginning in 2014, the Testing Day changed names and became part of EclipseCon Europe. Join us on Wednesday, October 25, for a day of talks about quality assurance and agile techniques in projects.
The Project Quality Day schedule is aligned with ECE, so the talks will be at the same times, and the conference keynote, breaks, lunch, and evening activities will also be a part of the day. Sessions start with the keynote at 9:00, and the day ends with a reception and party.
Scope of the Day
This year we are widening the scope of the project quality day. We still want your entries and input on quality in projects – technical quality, practices and experience reports. In addition, we are also looking for submissions on working in agile contexts and with agile techniques. Talks that combine quality and agile are particularly welcome.
Topics that fall into the Project Quality Day include (but are not limited to)
- Various test levels: unit, API, integration, system and acceptance testing
- Agile techniques and practices
- Quality in agile projects
- Performance testing and monitoring
- Usability and usability testing
- Quality assurance throughout the process: continuous integration, DevOps, quality in distributed environments, setting up test environments
- Code coverage
- Code conventions and static testing
- Quality strategies in Eclipse projects
- Manual testing and automated testing
- Testing the release train
- If you are attending ECE / OSGi, you are invited to attend some or all of the Project Quality Day talks on Wednesday, October 25, at no extra charge.
- Alternatively, you may register for the Project Quality Day only, and attend just those talks, plus the conference keynote, lunch, breaks, and evening reception and party; see this section of the Registration page for details.
- Please register by Friday, October 20, 2017 so that we have an accurate count of attendees.
- Space is limited.
- For general registration prices and policies, please see the Registration page.
If you have an idea for a talk for the Project Quality Day, please propose it! See the Call for Papers page for more information.
Talks are chosen by these members of the community:
- Alexandra Schladebeck, BREDEX GmbH
- Boris Baldassari, Castalia Solutions
- Begoña Laibarra, SQS Spain
To learn more about the committee, see the Program Committee page.