Java at EclipseCon Europe
by Ian Skerrett
Java 9 is finally out the door and Eclipse is ready, with Java 9 support provided by the Eclipse JDT project. EclipseCon Europe talks will bring you up to speed on trends in the Java world and introduce you to the technologies and ecosystem behind them.
The program committee selected these sessions which focus on Java 9:
- Eclipse and Java 9
- The Future Is Async, or Java Concurrency in the Change of Time
- JDT Embraces Java 9 - An Insider's View
- Java 9 and the Application Server
The Eclipse Microprofile project is working hard and fast to create specifications for Java microservices. You'll hear from the leaders of the Microprofile project in these talks.
You can hear more about the Java EE move from Oracle to the Eclipse Foundation in these talks:
- Java EE 8 is final... Now what? by David Delabassée from Oracle
- A panel to discuss the process of moving Java EE to the Eclipse Foundation
You may have heard the news that both Java SE from Oracle and J9 from IBM are moving into the open space. Find out more in these talks:
It is exciting to see the Eclipse Foundation become the home for many of the open source communities of Java developers. Be sure to attend EcipseCon Europe to learn more about these key Java trends!