Monday, October 24
Plan to arrive a day early and join us for the Unconference at the EclipseCon Europe venue.
The Unconference is designed to provide the types of networking, activities, and casual interaction that is ideal for Eclipse Working Groups and similar initiatives that bring many different people and organizations together. See more on the Unconference wiki page.
- Brainstorming sessions
- Live coding sessions
- Poster session
The Unconference principles are simple!
- Participants create the agenda by bringing their community or team together
- No presentations or talk tracks (that format is reserved for the conference)
The schedule is also simple:
- A Welcome Coffee to start the day
- 60-minute or 90-minutes morning sessions *
- Lunch and Poster Session for all, 12:30 - 14:00
- Two 90-minute sessions in the afternoon, 14:00 - 15:30 and 16:00 - 17:30
* Note: The Unconference has two tracks. Track 1 starts at 9:00 and has two 90-minute morning sessions. Track 2 starts at 10:30 and has two 60-minute morning sessions. Both tracks follow the same lunch and afternoon schedule. See more on the Unconference wiki page.
Unconference participants form the agenda by bringing their communities together. We use a page on the Eclipse.org wiki as our live planning doc. Let everyone know what you would like to talk about, learn about, or share by adding it to the Unconference wiki page. You can also edit the wiki to suggest a session, comment on a session proposal, or indicate your interest in a topic.
Registration is required to attend the Unconference. The fee is €50 plus VAT and includes coffee breaks and lunch. If you are registering for the full conference, choose the Unconference as an additional item when you register. If you are attending the Unconference by itself, choose "Unconference only" when registering. To register, see the conference registration page.
Questions about the Unconference? Email us.