It is easy to generate code from a model because it is as easy as writing text to a file. Once you have mastered that step, please attend this session and hear us talk about:
- Solving the formatting dilemma: Have a nicely formatted template that also generates nicely formatted code
- Introspecting your template expressions, for example to automatically derive import statements
- Tracing: Track the originating model elements for each generated text region and enable several nice UI features
- Debugging: How a code generator may be the only piece you need to offer debug support for your textual model.
- Ways to modify the generated code without losing the ability to regenerate
- Proven strategies for automated testing of code generators
All solutions that we will present have successfully been applied in industrial projects.