Wednesday, 26 October
Since 2009, there has been a yearly Eclipse Testing Day. Beginning in 2014, the Testing Day changed names and became part of EclipseCon Europe. Join us on Wednesday, October 26, for a day of talks about quality assurance in projects.
The Project Quality Day schedule is aligned with ECE, so the talks will be at the same times, and the conference keynote, breaks, lunch, and evening activities will also be a part of the day. Sessions start with the keynote at 9:00, and the day ends with a reception and party.
Scope of the Day
We’ve deliberately chosen a wide scope for the day to cover many aspects of project quality and to attract a range of attendees. Nevertheless, the focus is on "technical quality" performed within the project as opposed to the quality of requirements or testing theory.
Topics that fall into the Project Quality Day include (but are not limited to)
- Various test levels: unit, API, integration, system and acceptance testing
- Performance testing and monitoring
- Usability and usability testing
- Quality assurance throughout the process: continuous integration, DevOps, quality in distributed environments, setting up test environments
- Code coverage
- Code conventions and static testing
- Quality strategies in Eclipse projects
- Manual testing and automated testing
- Testing the release train
- If you are attending ECE / OSGi, you are invited to attend some or all of the Project Quality Day talks on Wednesday, October 26, at no extra charge.
- Alternatively, you may register for the Project Quality Day only, and attend just those talks, plus the conference keynote, lunch, breaks, and evening reception and party; see this section of the Registration page for details.
- Please register by Friday, October 21, 2016 so that we have an accurate count of attendees.
- Space is limited.
- For general registration prices and policies, please see the Registration page.
Submissions are now closed for the Project Quality Day.
You can see the day's schedule of talks here.
Talks are chosen by these members of the community:
- Alexandra Schladebeck, BREDEX GmbH
- Boris Baldassari, Castalia Solutions
- Begoña Laibarra, SQS Spain
To learn more about the committee, see the Program Committee page.