- Monday, 24 October: 8:00 - 10:30 and 16:00 - 17:30
- Tuesday, 25 October: 8:00 - 18:00
- Wednesday, 26 October: 8:30 - 17:00
- Thursday, 27 October: 8:30 - 15:00
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on App Store for iOS 8 or later
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on Play Store for Android version 4.1 or later
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on Microsoft Store for Windows 10 or Windows Phone 10
by RCP Vision
- EclipseCon on the PlayStore for Android 3.0 or later
- One Custom URI Scheme to Rule Them All, scheduled for 14:45, has been cancelled.
- Recipes to build Code Generators for Non-Xtext Models with Xtend has been added at 16:00 on Wednesday.
- Eclipse: 11 years of on-schedule releases; the releng making of, originally scheduled for Wednesday at 16:00, has been moved to Thursday at 10:15.
- Two talks in today’s OSGi track have changed times. The talk WebSockets and Equinox OSGi in a Servlet Container has been moved to 11:00. Getting started with OSGi declarative services has been moved to 13:00.
- Eclipse: 11 years of on-schedule releases; the releng making of is scheduled for 10:15.
- Gendoc, the Eclipse project for document generation from Modeling Tools, scheduled for 10:15, has been cancelled.
- Take in a session at the Unconference on Monday
- Special Day tracks you can attend in whole or part - IoT Day on Tuesday and Project Quality Day on Wednesday
- Organize/attend BoFs (see the BoF Board) - includes the Hackathon BoF on Tuesday evening
- Drop by the IoT Playground and tinker on Wednesday afternoon
- Get onboard with the OSGi IoT Demo (exhibit area)
- New to the conference? Join the Meet & Greet on Monday evening (18:00 Nestor Bar)
- Meet the folks behind the Long Term Support working group. Let them buy you a beer on Monday evening too!
- On Tuesday evening visit the Stammtisch and play the Kahoot game
- Drop by the Exhibitor Reception on Wednesday evening
- Party with Cool Down at Club ECE on Wednesday night
These sessions are for you if you are..
- Using Eclipse Scout - sign up for the Scout User Group meeting to meet and exchange with the Scout community
- Starting an Eclipse Project - the Eclipse Project Startup Meetup is a compact session for all things concerning a new project. Our guest speaker will be Wayne Beaton
- Involved or interested in these Eclipse initiatives: Science Working Group, IoT Working Group, Platform Summit, CDT Summit, OpenPass, OpenMDM, BaSys Project and Open Source Component Management
If you're new to the Unconference, here's how it works.
The keynote, “Oh No! Visual Studio Code - Yet Another Development Tool by Erich Gamma, Microsoft will be given by Dirk Baeumer, Microsoft. A word from Erich:
I am very disappointed that recent circumstances don’t allow me to be at EclipseCon Europe this year. I still look back with pride on my time working on Eclipse. I was looking forward to participating at an EclipseCon conference and to meeting the community again. I'm really happy that Dirk Baeumer from my team can jump in for me. Dirk spent the entire journey from Eclipse to VisualStudio code with me, so he has all the insights. I am still looking forward to future opportunities to exchange with you. In the meantime, have a great conference!
- Managing a large project environment with Jenkins, Gerrit and Brain by Ralf Mollik
- RCP 4.x migration - Highlights and Pitfalls (Lessons Learned) by Philip Wenig
- Succeed with Eclipse: Large Scale by Markus Duft
- Non-negotiable usability by Nathalie Cotte
- It's Beautiful enRoute by Paul Fraser
- Model to Model - Transforming the legacy by Johannes Jeising
- ABAP Development Tools – Bringing a server-based programming model to Eclipse by Matthias Becker
- Context-driven agile - from outsourcing to startup world by Dragan Spiridonov
by Etienne Juliot
Obeo's mission is to help engineers efficiently collaborate on the design of smart products for both IT and industry and EclipseCon Europe is the perfect place to share about this goal! Once again, the Obeo team will be deeply involved with 5 talks, 1 tutorial, and a booth.
Of course, we are excited to present and get your feedback on new features in Eclipse Sirius. Since at Obeo, we like being serious with a little touch of fun, we will also bring our robots to the EclipseCon IoT Playground: come to play with them and try to win the fight!
by Christoph Keimel
My talk about Powering a Live Escape Game with ECF & e(fx)clipse got selected as an early bird for the EclipseCon Europe 2016! I’m very excited about this.
Actually, this whole thing got started exactly two years ago at the EclipseCon Europe 2014. I was there to learn about new technologies in my area of work as an RCP/JavaEE engineer and I remember that I had some free time in my schedule and I stumbled over a talk by Wim Jongman How to cook an egg with the Eclipse Communication Framework and Nebula. That sounded like fun, so I went and had a look...
By Roxanne Joncas
We are excited about all of the Internet of Things (IoT) related events happening at EclipseCon Europe this year! Here are some of the highlights.
To start off the week, attend the IoT Working Group Meeting on Monday, October 24. It is the perfect opportunity to meet members of the Eclipse IoT community and other IoT enthusiasts.
by Tracy Miranda
The C/C++ development tools (CDT) project is one of the longest-running projects in the Eclipse ecosystem. It is the first open source project I was ever involved in and I have been able to see firsthand how it has driven innovation in hardware and the embedded space (which is now quickly becoming the Internet of Things space).