by Alexandra Schladebeck
Dragan talks with Alexandra about his experience at EclipseCon 2016, the Project Quality Day and being a presenter. Dragan participated in the Speakeasy program where he was matched with a coach for his talk, "Context-driven agile- from outsourcing to the startup world ."
Thank you for attending EclipseCon Europe and OSGI Community Event 2016. It was our pleasure to produce this event for you, and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Please leave feedback on the talks. Log in, click on a talk in the schedule, and provide a rating and comments. We would also like your thoughts on the entire conference, so please complete this brief survey. Comments are very much appreciated here too.
Thursday's program is full of great content -
- Start the day with Benno Wilke's keynote, Observation of Gravitational Waves from Binary Black Hole Mergers - Dawn of a New Astronomy
- Before and after lunch, there are over 30 talks to choose from
- At 14:30 join us for the EclipseCon community closing session
Thank you for making it a great conference! We're looking forward to your feedback!
On Wednesday choose from 9 full tracks of talks. Plus:
- a morning keynote by Robert Andres and Walter Hofmann, OSGi/Java in Industrial IoT
- an afternoon keynote by Dirk Baeumer, Oh No! Visual Studio Code - Yet Another Development Tool
- hands-on IoT at the IoT Playground
- a full track at the FMZ on quality and testing at the Project Quality Day
- and in the evening drop by the Exhibitors Reception followed by Club ECE
If you missed the tutorials this morning, there's still a full program this afternoon!
- Starting with the keynote by Stephen Carver, The Shuttle Case
- IoT focus? Today is the IoT Day. This afternoon starts with Building the IoT Cloud with Eclipse IoT
- This evening 17:05 grab a beer at the Stammtisch and at 18:00 play the Kahoot game to win a Sphero BB8!
- Round out the evening with the Hackathon, and other fun and interesting BoFs
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on App Store for iOS 8 or later
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on Play Store for Android version 4.1 or later
- EclipseCon Europe 2016 on Microsoft Store for Windows 10 or Windows Phone 10
by RCP Vision
- EclipseCon on the PlayStore for Android 3.0 or later
- One Custom URI Scheme to Rule Them All, scheduled for 14:45, has been cancelled.
- Recipes to build Code Generators for Non-Xtext Models with Xtend has been added at 16:00 on Wednesday.
- Eclipse: 11 years of on-schedule releases; the releng making of, originally scheduled for Wednesday at 16:00, has been moved to Thursday at 10:15.
- Two talks in today’s OSGi track have changed times. The talk WebSockets and Equinox OSGi in a Servlet Container has been moved to 11:00. Getting started with OSGi declarative services has been moved to 13:00.
- Eclipse: 11 years of on-schedule releases; the releng making of is scheduled for 10:15.
- Gendoc, the Eclipse project for document generation from Modeling Tools, scheduled for 10:15, has been cancelled.
- Take in a session at the Unconference on Monday
- Special Day tracks you can attend in whole or part - IoT Day on Tuesday and Project Quality Day on Wednesday
- Organize/attend BoFs (see the BoF Board) - includes the Hackathon BoF on Tuesday evening
- Drop by the IoT Playground and tinker on Wednesday afternoon
- Get onboard with the OSGi IoT Demo (exhibit area)
- New to the conference? Join the Meet & Greet on Monday evening (18:00 Nestor Bar)
- Meet the folks behind the Long Term Support working group. Let them buy you a beer on Monday evening too!
- On Tuesday evening visit the Stammtisch and play the Kahoot game
- Drop by the Exhibitor Reception on Wednesday evening
- Party with Cool Down at Club ECE on Wednesday night
These sessions are for you if you are..
- Using Eclipse Scout - sign up for the Scout User Group meeting to meet and exchange with the Scout community
- Starting an Eclipse Project - the Eclipse Project Startup Meetup is a compact session for all things concerning a new project. Our guest speaker will be Wayne Beaton
- Involved or interested in these Eclipse initiatives: Science Working Group, IoT Working Group, Platform Summit, CDT Summit, OpenPass, OpenMDM, BaSys Project and Open Source Component Management
If you're new to the Unconference, here's how it works.
The keynote, “Oh No! Visual Studio Code - Yet Another Development Tool by Erich Gamma, Microsoft will be given by Dirk Baeumer, Microsoft. A word from Erich:
I am very disappointed that recent circumstances don’t allow me to be at EclipseCon Europe this year. I still look back with pride on my time working on Eclipse. I was looking forward to participating at an EclipseCon conference and to meeting the community again. I'm really happy that Dirk Baeumer from my team can jump in for me. Dirk spent the entire journey from Eclipse to VisualStudio code with me, so he has all the insights. I am still looking forward to future opportunities to exchange with you. In the meantime, have a great conference!
- Managing a large project environment with Jenkins, Gerrit and Brain by Ralf Mollik
- RCP 4.x migration - Highlights and Pitfalls (Lessons Learned) by Philip Wenig
- Succeed with Eclipse: Large Scale by Markus Duft
- Non-negotiable usability by Nathalie Cotte
- It's Beautiful enRoute by Paul Fraser
- Model to Model - Transforming the legacy by Johannes Jeising
- ABAP Development Tools – Bringing a server-based programming model to Eclipse by Matthias Becker
- Context-driven agile - from outsourcing to startup world by Dragan Spiridonov
by Etienne Juliot
Obeo's mission is to help engineers efficiently collaborate on the design of smart products for both IT and industry and EclipseCon Europe is the perfect place to share about this goal! Once again, the Obeo team will be deeply involved with 5 talks, 1 tutorial, and a booth.
Of course, we are excited to present and get your feedback on new features in Eclipse Sirius. Since at Obeo, we like being serious with a little touch of fun, we will also bring our robots to the EclipseCon IoT Playground: come to play with them and try to win the fight!