Submissions are now closed for this year's conference. Thank you to everyone who sent in a proposal.
EclipseCon Europe is about sharing best practices, insights, case studies, and innovations in the Eclipse community and in the wider world of software development. We want attendees to be educated and inspired after each talk, and we need your help to create a great program. We are pleased to once again co-locate with the OSGi Alliance Community Event 2014, adding more breadth and expertise to the program.
This year’s conference also includes a Project Quality Day on Wednesday, October 29. This Theme Day is a full track of content on project quality assurance, and is organized by the community members who brought us several years of successful Eclipse Testing Days. See the Project Quality Day page for details.
- Eclipse Technology. Eclipse is a host for a lot of great open-source projects such as Mylyn, Orion, Equinox, and Xtext, and technologies such as modeling, runtime, application lifecycle management, and more. New tools and techniques and state-of-the-nation talks go here.
- OSGi. ECE 2014 is co-locating with the OSGi Alliance Community Event. Choose this track if you are submitting for the OSGi Community Event.
- Java. This is the category for submitting a talk about Java in general, advanced Java tooling in Eclipse, new language constructs and best practices around them, and/or Java 8 and beyond.
- IoT / Embedded. If your presentation is about creating applications for the Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or other IoT and embedded environments, then choose this track.
- Industry Solutions. Eclipse has proven to be a powerful platform for building flexible and extensible applications. Many organizations are building platforms that address the needs of a specific industry, such as aerospace, automative, banking, insurance, and others. This track is for case studies that explore the technology, architecture, and policies required to build industry solutions.
- Web Technology. If you want to talk about web frameworks, experiences in implementing Web applications or related topics, this is your category.
- Other Cool Stuff. Not everything will fit easily into one of these themes. If your talk is one that's hard to categorize, submit it here!
- Project Quality Day. For these Theme Day talks, we are looking for presentations on any topics related to quality in projects. If you’re talking about testing, analyzing, checking, or building/deploying in CI environments, then we invite you to be part of the Project Quality Day and submit your talk in this track.
If you aren't sure what track is the best fit for your submission, just take a best guess and the program committee may change it later.
- Standard (35 minutes)
- Tutorial (3 hours)
- May 27: submissions open
- July 31: early-bird submission deadline
- August 11: final submission deadline
You must have an eclipse.org account and be logged in before you can submit a talk. If you have created a new eclipse.org account but are not able to log in, please confirm that you have activated the account. See this section of the Submissions FAQs for more information.
We strongly encourage the actual speakers to submit their own proposals. We want speakers who are engaged with the community and really want to speak at the conference. Sometimes a third party will submit on a speaker’s behalf. The program committee will review all proposals, but proposals submitted by third parties will be given lower priority.
See this page for more about the Project Committee.