Note that I'm actually not a legal person (and this is not legal advice).
As I have been training developers for over 10 years, I still feel a bit baffled by the lack of knowledge regarding licenses and copyright ownership among developers in general.
Probably, in opensource software communities, we are more aware of these subjects. But truth is, when you ask other developers whether they feel confident about their practices to ensure license compatibility, they'll often ask for the full presentation speech.
In this interactive talk, you'll get to know your fellow attendees and test your own knowledge about copyright and licenses through a live quizz. Beginners to all-knowing are welcome.
- We'll rapidly cover the basics about licenses and copyright, just in case.
- We'll talk about practices to reduce code non-compliances and license conflicts.
- We'll explore solutions that can be deployed in enterprises.
- We'll also talk about the extra challenges that AI-assisted development brings.
- You'll learm about my own recommendations as a senior open source software developer.
At the end of our journey, I hope you'll get a better understanding of how to protect your software on legal aspects and how important training your developers and giving them assistance is.