What are you presenting
Why is it important
- Kiso-testing was developed to facilitate the increase testing complexity for embedded developers who work on IoT devices.
- It has a modular approach that allows potential contributors to add new functionalities based on their use-cases.
- It is completely hardware independent.
- It can emulate / replace proprietary test benches
What level of knowledge should attendees have
- Knowledge in embedded software
- Knowledge in (I)IoT
- Knowledge of edge devices
- Knowledge with TDD
- A bit of knowledge how OOP works and/or fundamentals in python.
What can someone expect to take away from the presentation
A framework exist that
- would allow them to do TDD for embedded systems
- would allow them to automate tests for embedded systems
- would allow them to validate each external interface of their IoT device(s)
- would allow them to automate/validate complex functionalities of their device(s)
- would allow them to add simulated devices
What makes your presentation unique
- I will come with a eBike GEN 3 on stage and make a live presentation of the framework.
- There will be role play between a "developer" and a "system tester" (if timing are bad, we could record it and share it later as presentation-material)
Objective of the presentation:
* Raise awareness about eclipse/kiso-testing * Present a more complete/agnostic TDD Approach for smart / IoT devices
Attendee pre-requisites - If none, enter "N/A":
Embedded software, IoT, Edge device, TDD, python