Eclipse Theia is the next generation platform for building IDEs and tools at Eclipse. Theia is driven by a very active and diverse community with a monthly release cycle. In this talk, the Theia project leads provide a comprehensive update about what’s new and noteworthy in the project.
Theia is one of the cornerstones of the Eclipse Cloud Developer Tools ecosystem. It provides you with an open and flexible platform to build tools and IDEs running on a web technology stack and deployed either in the cloud or on the desktop. Join this talk to learn about the latest updates from one of the most vibrant projects at Eclipse, including:
- Noteworthy features, e.g. toolbar support and detachable windows
- Noteworthy technical improvements, e.g. performance boosts and API stabilization
- Noteworthy initiatives in the ecosystem, e.g. Theia Blueprint and a community driven test suite
- Noteworthy process improvements, e.g. a common migration guide and community releases
- Noteworthy community updates, e.g. new adopters and events such as TheiaCon
- … and more!
Join us and get updated with the latest state of Eclipse Theia, the next generation of Eclipse!