TCF - Target Communication Framework Update for Helios
Martin Oberhuber (Wind River ), Pawel Piech (Wind River )
Making With Eclipse · Standard (25 mins)
Tags: CDT , Emerging Technology , Mobile And Embedded , Tools
Wednesday, 13:30, 25 minutes | Stevens Creek
The Eclipse Target Communication Framework (TCF) has seen a great uptake in the past year, with several companies migrating to TCF as their main communication protocol for embedded tooling. Come hear what's new and what's brewing, and take a refresher on TCF concepts and goals:
- TCF protocol concepts - messages, channels, standards and the new binary transfer
- TCF extension concepts - services, auto-discovery, value-add and the new agent plugin structure
- TCF getting started - guide to the docs, and what's in the box
- TCF adoption - who's using it, who's working on it and what's available in open source
- TCF roadmap - goals and next steps
After the talk, you will understand what TCF is and provides, and how to get started adopting it in your environment.
Martin is the chair of the Eclipse Architecture Council, member on the Eclipse and DSDP PMC, Platform core and e4 committer, Target Management project lead and a certified ScrumMaster. Driven by his desire for constant improvement, he is involved in many areas around Open Source and Eclipse. Martin holds a degree in Telematics from the University of Technology Graz, and has been working for Wind River in Salzburg, Austria since 1998.
Pawel is a committer on the CDT and Platform Debug projects. Currently working for Wind River Systems in Alameda, CA since 2000. Graduated from Boston University with a BSCE degree.