Ecore-OAW-Android : Using Eclipse as a Model Driven Platform to generate an Android Application
Android is the Google new open source mobile phone platform. Eclipse and its modeling project provide powerful tools to create and develop applications.
This tutorial will explain how to use EMF and Open ArchitectureWare tools to create an Android generation Studio. This Studio will generate Android applications to edit and publish data designed in an Ecore model. All the steps will be clearly described and people will integrate the material during the tutorial.
The agenda will include :
- Introduction to MDA, EMF and Android
- Specifying the target application scope
- Choosing the meta model language
- Describing the model
- Specifying the target application architecture and content
- Writing openArchitectureWare templates, checkers and workflows
- Developing wizard and build file to create the application skeleton
- Developing glue code to call generation actions
- Managing launch configuration and its definition
- Testing the generation
This tutorial will finish with an open discussion about applying this methodology to other target platforms or applications. Attendees will gain a clear understanding of generation tools provided by Eclipse.
Olivier Prouvost is a co-founder of Anyware Technologies, a French software company based in Toulouse (France), which is deeply involved in the Eclipse technology and its eco-system. Today, he is working on projects using the eRCP and EMF platforms and, in parallel, he diffuses his Eclipse knowledge by giving training or consulting on Eclipse technology
Benjamin Cabé is a project leader at Anyware Technologies, working on various kind of Eclipse stuff : RCP & eRCP, code generation with EMF and oAW, ...
He also trains people to Eclipse related technologies : plugin development, EMF, RCP products, and so on.